Tuesday, August 5, 2008

J-ENesis Japanese/English Dictionary



J-ENesis Japanese/English Dictionary is my first and absolute best iPhone/iPod Touch application to date. It also happens to be the best Japanese/English dictionary on the App Store right now.
  • No need for an internet connection
  • Search English to Japanese or Japanese to English
  • Enter Japanese words in romaji (Japanese written with English letters, such as "nihon")
  • Or enter them in kana using the Japanese keyboard mode built into every iPhone and iPod Touch.
  • Intelligent search technology lets you find entries related to what you search for
  • Based on the most popular dictionary for Japanese/English translation


J-ENesis Japanese/English Dictionary uses the EDICT dictionary files. These files are the property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, and are used in conformance with the Group's license.

For support, please email me at: jteksoftware@gmail.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow,what a useful app, and just in time for my trip to Japan. so glad I bought it. Thanks.

Juan said...

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you find it useful! If you get a chance, I hope you can post your comment on the app store. I'm sure other users looking for something similar would find your opinion useful.

Unknown said...

Just downloaded it and it seems like it can't find words like "genki" and "kantan" if I put them in using romaji, but if I use kana it finds them. It seems like it's the hiragana "n" which throws it off. Could you please look into it? Otherwise, it looks good!

Juan said...

Thanks for your feedback! This bug has been fixed, so please update if you haven't yet. Also, don't forget that if you have any problems you can email me at jteksoftware@gmail.com

MacUser said...

pattern recognition puzzle from creative signal processing,

http://www.igoapps.com/page/detail/EyePuzzle/5596/